Here are the details:
YOUR WEDDING or EVENT DAY
A warm welcome awaits you at this ancient, romantic venue which offers you exclusive use for your wedding weekend. We love being involved with the beautiful weddings here – each one’s unique. Do use our expertise and experience for any advice you need. We’ll help you to create your dream event at Pledgdon Barn. Pledgdon Barn offers:
- Hire time to midnight (request a quote for longer)
- Valuable use of Barn the day before your event (10am-4pm) for decorative purposes giving you more time to get yourselves ready on the wedding day!
- Licensed for civil ceremonies
- A free event planning meeting to go through every detail with you, creating a most useful event blueprint.
- Disabled access without steps into a large uninterrupted barn and bar area, full of character
- Excellent, delicious catering by Country Cuisine Ltd. with attractive china, cutlery, linen and glassware etc.
- Drinks service/bar facility by arrangement
- Banqueting chairs/tables included + stage, kitchen, toilets & on-the-day heating for cold days.
- Empty cars can be left in the car park overnight at owners’ risk
- Return up to 9.30am the day after your event to collect back decor/unused drinks/cars or extend this to 2pm for just £89.
- We can facilitate arrangements for DJ, band, cabs, local B&Bs/hotels and more.
EVENT PLANNING ASSISTANCE
Feeling overwhelmed? No worries – after booking your date, we’ll make an appointment with you to go through every detail of your event. Bring along all your suppliers such as photographer/florist etc too and we’ll answer their questions as well. This will be your Key Meeting with us and we’ll guide as much as you wish. We’ve been organising beautiful weddings for decades but we always remember that yours is unique. Choose from samples of linen colours, discuss food (including your vegetarian guests) and drink arrangements – and go through the timing for your day. We will then create your own Bespoke Contract, setting out all your details with a handy timing schedule for you, to assist in the smooth running of your perfect day.
After the Key Meeting, we can keep in touch by email/phone – and we’d like to meet up with you again at the Barn about a month before your event and again a few days prior to your event. That provides us with lots of opportunities to work together for a wonderful event. Extra visits to the barn can be added on at an additional cost.
Click here for approx measurements of Pledgdon Barn – but if your decorations depend on absolute accuracy, do also check them for yourselves
Click here for guidance re Table Plan Layout at Pledgdon Barn – this just shows the type of format and information we need to receive (not a spreadsheet) but obviously your particular event may have different numbers of tables etc.
Also please note:
Pledgdon Barn is a non-smoking venue but outside sand-tubs are provided. Fireworks/floating lanterns are not permitted inside/outside the premises which are surrounded by farmland/livestock. NO confetti on the hardstanding outside please, just on grassed areas. Inside, we request that only petals, large confetti or larger ‘table sprinkle shapes’ are used and NO tiny table ‘sprinkle/glitter/beads/crystal’ (which cannot be hoovered well) nor ‘canons’/explosive devices which spread contents high onto beams and may incur extra cleaning charges, nor Loom Band parts alas. Similarly, we request chunky ‘church’-style candles for stability/safety and no tea-lights directly placed on cloths. Finally, bubbles are requested outside only – they do fall over inside and cause slippery mess. NB Please SUPERVISE CHILDREN eg outside re animals, road, equipment, cars etc.